Contest Sticky


Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Waiting on Wednesday - July 8th

Waiting On Wednesday

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This weeks's pre-publication "can't wait to read" is :

Release Date : September 29, 2009

From Amazon :

An unimagined destiny an undeniable passion.

In a time not long from now, the veil between fantasy and reality is ripped asunder creatures of myth and fairytale spill into the mortal world. Enchanted yet horrified, humans force the magical beings Underground, to colonize the sewers and abandoned subway tunnels beneath their glittering cities.

But even magic folk cannot dwell in harmony and soon two Worlds emerge: the Lightworld, home to faeries, dragons and dwarves; and the Darkworld, where vampires, werewolves, angels and demons lurk.

Now, in the dank and shadowy place between Lightworld and Darkworld, a transformation is about to begin....

Ayla, a half-faery, half-human assassin is stalked by Malachi, a Death Angel tasked with harvesting mortal souls. They clash. Immortality evaporates, forging a bond neither may survive. And in the face of unbridled ambitions and untested loyalties, an ominous prophecy is revealed that will shake the Worlds.

After reading the last installment of The Blood Ties Series by Jennifer Armintrout, I was excited to read the preview of Queene of Light, the first book in the Lightworld/Darkworld Series. I love fairies, and the preview was great! I instantly fell in love with it, and I absolutly can't wait to be able to read this book. I'd be more than ecstatic if I could even review a copy of it. Plus, the cover is gorgeous!

9 comments:

Book Butterfly (Kim) said...

ooh I hadn't heard of this one. Thanks for posting about it. Fairies are really getting popular lately, don't you think :)

Jenni @ Falling Off The Shelf said...

Yes, I think they definitely are! Along with the current outbreak of Zombies...but I love them too ;x lol.

Zia said...

I loved the Blood Ties series. I'll have to check this one out.

Cindy said...

HAHA! Yep I've seen this book too already! HAHA! Got it posted to my wishlist already on pbs and I'm like number 3 which is pretty darn good! LOL

Jenni @ Falling Off The Shelf said...

Haha! I'm #1 on that list...I was so excited that I was the first PBSer to wishlist it :)

Have you got Child of Darkness, and Veil of Shadows wishlisted too?

Carrie said...

I read the first of the Blood Ties series, but I don't think I ever finished it. I need to do that. This one looks great!!

Jenny Trout said...

Hey, I can't wait for you to read it, either! As for review copies, my editor at Mira is Adam Wilson, maybe he could hook you up with a review copy. Who knows, miracles happen every day!

Jenni @ Falling Off The Shelf said...

Jennifer Armintrout,

Omg! That would be amazing if it could happen. I will try to contact him, and see what happens. I would also like to thank you for stopping by my blog! I never thought you would actually notice my post.

Thank you so much,
Jenni

Anonymous said...

yet another book/series/author I haven't heard of and ready to be put on my list of things to read. I kinda like the plot of this one though. It's very different. Thanks for the info!