Contest Sticky


Monday, July 20, 2009

Musing Monday - July 20th

Musing Mondays

Today’s MUSING MONDAYS post is about book covers (again)…

As a follow up to last week’s question, Melody asked about when book covers do not match the story. Do you feel disappointed when the cover’s don’t match the story? Have you ever been completely misled by a book cover?

Honestly I have never really thought about it. Usually I pick up a book because the cover intrigues me, but than automatically read the back cover to see if it will continue to pique my interest. If it sounds good I will then read it, but not solely because the cover looks fabulous.

What I hate more than anything is picking up a book that is both appealing to the eye, and sounds interesting from the back blurb...and then it turns out to be anything but. I'd give an example, but as of right now I'm exhausted (I just worked overnight and am now trying to get my morning Monday blogging done before I get some rest)! I do tend to look at the cover a lot during my reading though, especially if they describe what characters look like (and the characters are on the front cover). I have noticed that sometimes the main characters descriptions don't match up to what's on the cover, but oh well!

Feel free to post links to your Musing Mondays in my comments, I'd love to read them!

0 comments: