Contest Sticky


Saturday, July 18, 2009

Saturday 9 - July 18th


1. It’s July. How has the weather been where you are?

It depends, some days are really hot and beautiful out...and then the next, BAM...it's raining so hard that I'm afraid it's going to go through the windows. These rainy days are usually when we're not sure if we should let my sister's puggle, Meeko, out...because they wind my carry him away!

2. What is the best way for you to beat the heat?

I usually just sit in my room (regardless of whether it's cold or hot out). I'm not that much of an outdoorsy type. I'd rather sit in my room and read a book or surf the net (about books and movies).

3. “It’s not the heat, it’s the humidity.” Do you buy that?

No, because either way your body still feels hot...so therefore, it's the HEAT..lol.

4. Do you like hot tubs or saunas?

Yeah I like hot tubs. I've never been in a sauna though. I'm not sure I would like that though, lol.

5. What’s the hottest you’ve ever been?

Uh...I don't really know. Maybe when I was living in my father in laws house. It was extremely hot in that basement, and we would just sit around in our underwear (don't worry, just me and my fiance!) because it was just so hot...

6. How many times do you hit the beach in the summer?

Hardly ever, unfortunetly. I love going to the beach, but now that I'm not living in New York anymore...it's virtually impossible. We'd have to drive a few hours to get to a decent beach, and these little lakes that they call beaches just because they have sand...doesn't make them a real beach!

7. When you were a kid, what did you do in the summer?

Pretty much the same thing I do now. Sit at home and read, and surf the net! Although I did go in chat rooms a lot back then...and I don't do that at all anymore. All of my friends lived up over the mountain, and it was hard for both of our parents to drive either way...so we didn't really see eachother until school was in session.

8. Surfing. Have you ever gotten on a surfboard? Body surf?

Nope, never been. Don't think I would want too either, lol. I don't like to go out too far when I go to the ocean.

9. What’s your favorite summer song?

Haha, I dunno...Will Smith's "Summer Time"?...That's the first one that I could think of!

2 comments:

Becca said...

My grandparent's house is super hot. I just sit there in a tank top and shorts and try to forget about how hot it is!

Susan Cook said...

We've had lots of rain this Summer where I live.