Contest Sticky


Monday, July 27, 2009

Musing Monday - July 27th

Musing Mondays
Hosted by Just One More Page

Today’s MUSING MONDAYS post is about online book sites…

Do you have an account with an online book database site (LibraryThing, Shelfari, GoodReads etc)? If so, do you have a preference? Do you use it for - your own record keeping? Finding new books to read? social networking?

I actually have an account with both LibraryThing and GoodReads. I use both of them (more GoodReads than LibraryThing though). I use them for a little social networking (I love to communicate with other bloggers!). I also use them to keep track of the books that I'm reading (although I just started this recently so there isn't much posted...but I have tons more than what is posted there, and have read much more too!). I also like to keep track of the current giveaways going on through both GoodReads and LibraryThing. I actually won a copy of a book through GoodReads, so that was exciting!

I also post my reviews on both sites! This is a good way to help promote for authors, because a lot of people use these sites for their book organization. I also post my reviews to Paperbackswap, Borders, B&N, Target, Amazon, and Indiebound.

Feel free to post links to your Musing Mondays in my comments, I'd love to read them!

3 comments:

Susan said...

I have accounts with all three, but I prefer GoodReads.

Here is my answer.

caite said...

I am all about the Library Thing. I checked all three out at one time or another but LT fits my needs best and I can only keep one up to date

Natascha De Marco said...

I have an account on Shelfari, and plan to stay that way. I rather don't need any other account.

if you wish to find me by all means...

www.shelfari.com/TaschimaCullen