Contest Sticky


Monday, July 13, 2009

Musing Monday - July 13th

Musing Mondays
Hosted by Just One More Page

Today’s MUSING MONDAYS post is about book covers…

We all know the old adage about not judging a book by it’s cover, but just how much sway does a book cover have when it comes to your choice of book – whether buying or borrowing? Are there any books you’ve bought based on the cover alone?

I must admit, I do judge a book by it's cover more often than not. It's not intentional, I just do it! I swear...lol. Anywho, usually when I'm browsing the shelves the book covers are what pop out at me the most, and if a cover is especially gorgeous, I will definitely read the back. More often than not, the book sounds interesting to me, and I will add it to my wishlist or directly to my cart.

I have been trying my hardest to not judge a book by it's cover since I have started this site. There have been quite a few book review requests that I have recieved and thought "ick with that horrible cover, how could it be good?", and you know what, more often than not I am intrigued by the blurb and than can't wait to try it out!

Feel free to post links to your Musing Mondays in my comments, I'd love to read them!

0 comments: