Contest Sticky


Saturday, July 11, 2009

Saturday 9 - July 11th



1. If you have been or are married, tell us about your wedding. If you are not, tell us how would you want it to be.

I've never been married, but I am engaged! I want my wedding dress to be clover green and pearl colored. Instead of the traditional flower bouquet I would like Baby's Breath, Clover, and possibly some white roses. For favors there will be pots of gold (chocolate coins). I'm making my whole wedding an Irishy theme for the sake of my husband to be. He is very much in tough with his Irish heritage, and since a wedding day is more of a brides day, I'd like to contribute by doing a theme he can say that he loved. We don't have a date set yet, or even a dress or anything picked out, but hopefully it will all come together within the next 2 years.

Here's a picture of what I want :


2. What age would you encourage your children to get married?

I'd have to say that as long as they were at least 20 years old, go ahead! I've been in love with my fiance since I was 15, and have been engaged since 21. If you know that you love someone, and you've spent a long enough time together to know how each of you are, than you shouldn't prolong your life together. I wish my fiance felt this way though, lol.

3. Who got married at the last wedding that you attended?

My cousin Pete married his wife Mandy. It was one of the most gorgeous weddings I have ever attended. He looked so handsome, just the sight of him all dressed up made me cry, and she looked like a princess. I only wish my wedding can be as beautiful.

4. Do you enjoy weddings and receptions?

Oh yes! I love them. I love to see people happy, and I love to get all dressed up and be able to spend that time with them. Plus, I absolutly LOVE to dance!

5. Have you cried at a wedding?

Oh yes, I think I've cried at every wedding I've ever been to, lol. It's a time for strong emotions.

6. Would you prefer a lavish event or a intimate ceremony?

Lavish! I want the world to know about it...so it needs to be big and beautiful with everyone there that I know.

7. Have you ever been in some one’s wedding party? If yes, do tell.

No, I haven't :(

8. Does a wedding make you happy and sentimental or grouchy and skeptical?

Does it work if I somehow end up being all of those things? lol. I get happy for the couple that are getting married, sentimental becauses I love my fiance and I want that to be us someday, groughy because I think it's never going to happen!, and skeptical for the same reason as being grouchy. I know, I'm weird...

9. Why do you think our divorce rate is so high?

Because people are extremely impatient. They either get married before they really know a person, or they divorce because they don't have the patience for their spouse! I can honestly say that I know a lot of divorced people, and this has been an ongoing theory of mine.

2 comments:

Suzanne Yester said...

This is a great feature! A fun way to get to know you!! I think you would look absolutely beautiful in that dress!!! For myself, I eloped to Las Vegas with my hubby after we only knew eachother for 6 months and we're going to celebrate our 20 year anniversary this Nov.! And PATIENCE is definitely something I , I mean we possess! :D

Thanks for sharing all of this with us! I can't wait to someday see you post a photo of YOU in that wedding dress!

Take care,
Suzanne

Jenni @ Falling Off The Shelf said...

Thank you so much Suzanne! I'm so happy that you and your hubby are going to celebrate your 20th anniversary. I love hearing about happy couples :) Hopefully I'll have a dress as beautiful as that one, and I will DEFINITELY post a phote here for all to see when the time comes :)