Contest Sticky


Sunday, July 26, 2009

Review : A Circle of Souls by Preetham Grandhi


Genre : Suspense
ISBN : 978-1599552354
Series : No
Rating : 4

From Amazon :

The sleepy town of Newbury, Connecticut, is shocked when a little girl is found brutally murdered. With the murderer on the loose, the police desperately look for any clues to lead to his identy. Meanwhile, a psychiatrist in a nearby hospital is also in a desperate search to find the cause of seven-year-old Naya Hastings' devastating nightmares. Afraid that she might hurt herself in the midst of a torturous episode, Naya's parents have turned to the bright young doctor as their only hope. When these two situations converge, they set off an alarming chain of events. In this stunning psychological thriller, innocence gives way to evil, and trust lies forgotten in a web of deceit, fear, and murder.

Review :

Dr. Peter Gram makes his living as a children's psychiatrist in a hospital nearby Newbury, Connecticut. He has dedicated his time to helping those children in need. When a seven year old girl named Naya Hastings comes into his ER because she almost jumped off a balcony during a dream, he has his work cut out for him. Naya seems as though she is a healthy little girl, but still she suffers from nightmares that no person should have to deal with. She dreams of murder, and death, and there is no way that what she is dreaming could be real, could it?

When a young girl in the town of Newbury, Connecticut winds up brutally murdered, the authority figures of the town call in special FBI Agent Leia Bines to help them solve the case. They have no leads, and no way of locating the murderer, until they spot a certain doctor roaming through their crime scene. The murderer and Dr. Gram's patient may have a connection, but there is only one way to find out...

I read this book in a mere two days and enjoyed it very much. It was very easy to read, and author Preetham Grandhi has a way of wording this novel so that it flows nicely. He gives his characters lots of feeling and depth, making them come alive.

I really liked Naya's character, because although she was young she was very brave and mature for her age. She understood the importants of life, and always showed how serious it was. It made me realize how some children grow up so quickly. Peter Gram's character wasn't too bad either, although his lack of relationships was a little disappointing. I like to see characters happy, and Gram was a workaholic, and didn't show any interest in romantic relationships.

I'd like to thank author Preetham Grandhi for sending me a copy of his book, which was very good in my opinion for a first novel. I hope this author continues to write, because I would love to read more about Peter Gram, Agent Leia Bines, and Naya Hastings. I think this would be an opening to a wonderful series, although it is a stand alone.

Order your copy from :

6 comments:

Rich Mom, Rich Dad. Poor Mom, Poor Dad. said...

Excellent review!! I can't wait to dive into my copy!

bookmagic said...

Great review. I'm waiting on my copy and it sounds like I will enjoy it!

Madeleine said...

I finished this novel yesterday afternoon and absolutely loved it. I agree a follow up with those three characters would be a winner! I am taking a break from blogging so will review when back

Preetham Grandhi said...

I want to thank you once again for the gracious and thoughtful review. Have a good summer

Preetham Grandhi

Anna said...

Glad to hear you enjoyed it. I just received the book a few days ago, and I can't wait to read it.

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

HODGEPODGESPV said...

i loved the book and did a followup interview if you want to see it. sandy