Contest Sticky


Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Waiting On Wednesday - July 15th

Waiting On Wednesday'

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This weeks's pre-publication "can't wait to read" is :



Firespell by Chloe Neill
Release Date : January 5, 2010

From Author's Website :

As the new girl at the elite St. Sophia’s boarding school, Lily Parker thinks her classmates are the most monstrous things she’ll have to face…

When Lily’s guardians decided to send her away to a fancy boarding school in Chicago, she was shocked. So was St. Sophia’s. Lily’s ultra-rich brat pack classmates think Lily should be the punchline to every joke, and on top of that, she’s hearing strange noises and seeing bizarre things in the shadows of the creepy building.

The only thing keeping her sane is her roommate, Scout, but even Scout’s a little weird—she keeps disappearing late at night and won’t tell Lily where she’s been. But when a prank leaves Lily trapped in the catacombs beneath the school, Lily finds Scout running from a real monster.

Scout’s a member of a splinter group of rebel teens with unique magical talents, who’ve sworn to protect the city against demons, vampires, and Reapers, magic users who’ve been corrupted by their power. And when Lily finds herself in the line of a firespell, Scout tells her the truth about her secret life, even though Lily has no powers of her own—at least none that she’s discovered yet…

This is the first book Chloe Neill's Dark Elite Series.

First off, I absolutly love this cover, I think it's great! I also love anything that has to do with fire, and magic put together, so I'm extremely excited to see how this author has put it into words. My sister has already swiped the first book in her Chicagoland Vampires series, and I'm not sure when I'll see it again (I may have to steal it back)!

3 comments:

~The Book Pixie said...

Not usually my cup of tea but it sounds interesting and I love the cover. Great pick.

~Briana :)

Cindy said...

Yep, I can't wait for this one either! LOL I still need to get the other two books she has but those suckers have long waits!

Allison said...

I haven't heard of this before, but now I want it!

-Allison