Hosted by Just One More Page
Today’s MUSING MONDAYS post is a library habits meme…
This week we have a library meme courtesy of MizB:
Library Habits Meme
1) If you don't frequent your local library, why not?
Well I don't drive (I know I'm a loser!), and I have so many books here at home that it's just pointless. I also swap most of my books online.
2) If you do visit the library, how often do you go?
The only time I ever visit the library is to go to their donation store. The prices are great, and I've gotten tons of great new release books there. I haven't gone in awhile, and probably won't be going very often anymore. I need to read what I have! It also doesn't help getting review copies in too, lol.
3) Do you have a favorite section that you always head to first, or do you just randomly peruse the shelves?
When I go to their donation shop I always check out the romance section first. There's usually a bunch of paranormal romances lying around there. From there I usually just scan the rest of the store, just to see if I can find anything that catches my eye.
4) How many books are you allowed to check out at one time? Do you take advantage of this?
Well, I don't know how many I can check out, but the most I've ever bought in one day at their donation shop was upward of 50, lol. They were all new releases, and I spend under $30.
5) How long are you allowed to have the books checked out?
This is honestly why I don't go to the library! Bought books never have to go back :)
6) How many times are you allowed to renew your check-outs, if at all?
Renew? Heck, when I checked books out I always forgot about bringing them back! I'd always end up with fines.
7) What do you love best about your particular library?
It's great donation shop :)
8) What is one thing you wish your library did differently?
Um, I have no idea...
9) Do you request your books via an online catalogue, or through the librarian at your branch?
Ugh, I can't answer this question...so..yeah!
10) Have you ever chosen a book on impulse (from the online catalogue OR the shelves) and had it turn out to be totally amazing? If so, what book was it, and why did you love it?
Oh I used to do this all the time! I guess I still do it when I go shopping for books, or...swapping online. I can't think of one that was particularly amazing though.