Contest Sticky


Monday, June 22, 2009

Musing Mondays - June 22nd


Musing Mondays

Hosted by Just One More Page

Today’s MUSING MONDAYS post is about library borrowing…

Do you restrict yourself on how many books you take out from the library at a time? Do you borrow books if you already have some out? Do you always reborrow books you don’t get to?

To be completely honest, I don't borrow books from the library anymore! As I've gotten older, and have more responsibilites, I tend to forget when library books are due back. When I was in grade school, up to high school I would take books out all the time, usually up to 3 at time (as that was usually the limit).

I was a quick reader, as I still am, and would finish at least those 3 books a week, more often more because I didn't have a full time job and other responsibilities as I do now that I've gotten older. More often than not I was being yelled at by teachers to put my books away, or actually having them taken until the end of class.

I don't know where I got my reading habits from, because I'm the only one of my family that would rather pick up a book than turn on the television. In fact, they are baffled when I haven't seen the latest funny commercials, and more often than not will make me search on YouTube for them.

Now that I've just given you more of a story than you probably would have wanted to hear, lol, sorry! Anywho, I only buy books from the library donation shop, as well as swap online and rarely buy from big chain book stores and online stores. I do need to stop with the buying and swapping of any books though, as my TBR pile is dangerously past the 500 mark and counting.

Feel free to post links to your Musing Mondays in my comments, I'd love to read them!


2 comments:

Nise' said...

Being a quick reader is why I go to the library. I'd be broke if I purchased all the books I read.

Vasilly said...

I use Libraryelf.com so I can remember all the books I have checked out. I still usually forget due dates. =) I'm with Nise when it comes to using the library. I would stay broke if I bought every book I checked out from the library.

I love the look of your blog. It's beautiful.