Contest Sticky


Monday, July 13, 2009

Review : Deadly Desire by Keri Arthur


Title : Deadly Desire
Author : Keri Arthur
Publisher : Bantam
Genre : Paranormal Romance
ISBN : 978-0553591156
Series : Yes, #7 Riley Jenson, Guardian Series
Rating : 5

From Amazon :

Seduction that kills. Pleasure to die for.
She just can’t resist...

Guardian Riley Jenson always seems to face the worst villains. And this time’s no different. For it’s no ordinary sorceress who can raise the dead to do her killing. But that’s exactly what Riley expects to find at the end of a trail of female corpses used—and discarded—in a bizarre ritual of evil. With pressure mounting to catch one fiend, another series of brutal slayings shocks the vampire world of her lover, Quinn. So the last thing Riley needs is the heat of the upcoming full moon bringing her werewolf hormones to a boil—or the reappearance of a sexy bounty hunter, the rogue wolf Kye Murphy.

Riley has threatened Murphy with arrest if he doesn’t back off the investigation, but it’s Riley who feels handcuffed by Kye’s lupine charm. Torn between her vamp and wolf natures, between her love for Quinn and her hots for Kye, Riley knows she’s courting danger and indulging the deadliest desires. For her hunt through the supernatural underworld will bring her face-to-face with what lurks in a darkness where even monsters fear to tread.

Review :

This was the seventh installment in the Riley Jenson, Guardian Series and I can honestly say that each time I finish each book in the series I tell myself 'oh that's definitely one of my favorites from the series!'. It's taken me this long to realize that I have declared this each time I have finished a novel by Keri Arthur. I absolutly love this series, and it's only getting better!

Riley Jenson is by far one of my favorite heroins in the paranormal world. She's always ready to kick butt, even if she has a zombie or hellhound chewing through her, which in this case she does! I have a perfectly normal love for zombies in paranormal books, so I was extremely happy to encounter them in the Riley Jenson novels.

Her men are extremely scrumptious too! I can't get enough of Quinn, her sexy vampire lover and now the ever so delectable Kye Murphy, all werewolf, who we will most definitely be seeing more of in the coming novels.

I could have sat down and read this book in one sitting if I had only more free time. I actually shouted at my sister and fiance for bugging me while I was trying to read it, and later felt bad, but it was just too good! I was also late for work because I couldn't put it down. Every time I read one of Keri Arthur's novels I feel like I'm in Australia with Riley, like I can see everything through her eyes, and I love that feeling when I'm sitting down with a book.

I can't wait for the next installment in the Riley Jenson, Guardian Series! Book number 8, Bound To Shadows is due out October 27, 2009.

1 comments:

Natalie W said...

Sounds like you really liked this one LOL!! Great review. I might have to try to read one of these!
Natalie :0)